Terrorism is defined as an act, including use of force or violence, of any person or groups of persons whether acting alone or on behalf of or in connection with any organization committed for political, religious or ideological purposes including the intention to influence any government and/or to put the public in fear.
- Market Needs Global effects of hardening of the market following the 9/11.
- Emerging presence of Al-Qaeda Network within the region.
- The uncertainty of politics in some African States – creates a conducive environment for proliferation of the vice .
- The struggle for oil rigs/wells – economic effects.
Scope of Cover:
- Debris Removal
- Business Interuption
- Nuclear detonation, reaction and allied causes.
- War and kindred risks.
- Loss by seizure.
- Chemical or biological emissions.
- Attacks of electronic nature.
- Vandalism/malicious damage, RSCC
- Legally authorized reconstruction, repair.
- Consequential loss caused by any other ensuing cause.
- Loss of use, delay or loss of markets.
- Cessation/fluctuation/insufficiency of public utilities.
Excluded Property Land or land values:
- Power transmission or feeder lines not on the insured premises.
- Any building or structure which is unoccupied for more than 30 days.
- Aircraft or other aerial devices.
- Any land conveyance – vehicles, locomotives or rolling stock unless declared.
Target Market :
- Hotels and Lodges
- Property Managers/Real Estates.
- Sky-scrappers within the Cities (Nbi,Msa, Kisumu).